I’ve wanted to share this simple smoothie recipe for ages because it is one of my favourites. I use this combination of ingredients not only for their properties but also because of how well the flavours work together! I love it!
I N G R E D I E N T S
For 1 smoothie
– 4-5 Kale leaves. This vegetable is only recently widely available in Spain. In New York I always found it very easy to find in different formats: fresh, dehydrated or in biscuits as a snack… Kale is an absolute jewel for women during pregnancy and breastfeeding. It is a great source of folic acid (it contains vitamin B9) which helps us, among other things, to synthesise iron, and to keep the cardiovascular and nervous systems working well. It is also a great source of fibre, chlorophyll and vitamins C and K.
– 1 banana. I always have bananas in my fruit basket and even more so now that my daughter Manuela, like all children I think, loves them. Their sweet flavour makes them a very tasty snack but also the perfect ingredient for any smoothie. Banana is a carbohydrate rich in sugars, giving us energy as well as potassium and magnesium. I recently read an interesting piece of information that I didn’t know: this fruit also relieves stomach acidity in a quick and natural way.
– A handful raspberries. As well as giving a certain sharpness to the smoothie, which I really love, nutritionally raspberries are very rich in fibre and so are great for regulating the digestive tract. Like all red fruits, it is a great antioxidant and diuretic, and contains few calories.
– 1 tbsp. cocoa nibs. As I told you in this breakfast post, these are a superfood. A great source of magnesium and antioxidants, they are a great anti-aging ally that gives a particular flavour and texture to the smoothie.
– 100ml coconut water. Since I discovered its properties and versatility coconut water has become an essential item in my fridge. I haven’t stopped drinking water, but I am very aware of the hydration capacity of this drink.
P R E P A R A T I O N
1 | Clean and rinse the kale leaves and the raspberries.
2 | Blend all the ingredients in the blender and you’re ready to go!
MAYBE YOU'RE INTERESTED…